if cap3 isn’t called “captain america and falcon: we’re up all night to get bucky”, i’m not watching it
mermaids or selkies
SOMEONE WROTE A FANFIC TO MY FANFIC
THIS IS LIKE EVERYTHING I’VE WANTED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
I finally did this, I made my very own Destiel rec list, hooray! :3 Mostly long stories [if you want some Destiel porn, go check my PWP rec list.], segregated in two categories: non-AU/semi-AU/canon-AU and totally-AU
♥ - absolute favourites.
NON-AU / SEMI-AU / CANON-AU
- White Blank Page - NC-17 - Word Count: 22,453 - "I woke up in a hospital, had no idea what happened and who I am, I was told I fight ghosts and demons, then a guy in a trench coat tells me he is an angel. My head hurts like hell and I feel like puking. So yeah, I probably don’t make any sense. Sorry for inconvenience."
- ♥ Hummingbirds - NC-17 - Word Count: 23,700 -Castiel is rendered mute after being taught a painful lesson, but that enables Dean to learn a few lessons of his own while holding onto something important for him. Elsewhere, someone really loves to count…
Orestes and Pylades
You’ve always sort of felt like you must have been someone in a previous life.
Not necessarily someone particularly important, even, but maybe someone who mattered to one who was.
And you actually didn’t believe in reincarnation — well, you don’t believe in reincarnation, really. Not at all.
Oh my god this is BRILLIANT.
you know that feeling when you’re dragged kicking and screaming into a ship
that’s what’s happening with me right now
lord have mercy on my soul
oh my god do I ever know that feel
IT’S THIS GODDAMN SERIES AND THE BEST COLLEGE AU IN EXISTENCE OMFG
As asked by Anon: “Dorian :D do you know of any Destiel coffee shop AUs? Or something similar”
Why sure I do nonnie! I’m in the middle of getting together my next hs/college AU list and a nice little domestic list but I can rec a few for you >_<
- A Tale Of Survival: Terrible Life!AU. After years of not caring about him Dean finds himself obsessed with the wounded Marine that is a regular athis regular coffee shop. An awkward act of kindness leads to a strange friendship between the two men.
- And When You Poured Us Together It Was Something:After stopping the Apocalypse, Sam and Dean run a coffee shop. Castiel and Ruby help. (Uriel can come too.) Went AU mid-season 4.
- My Usual:The barista’s back is turned - probably cleaning the machines, Dean thinks - and he slouches against the lacquered wood, clearing his throat. He bites back a chuckle when the barista jumps, spinning on his heel, and Dean finds himself looking up into what he thinks are the bluest eyes he’s ever seen and god help him, he’s drowning in the vast fucking ocean of them.
- The Bookshop:Life’s great, and then the Novaks come to town. A whimsical AU based on the song “Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop” by Landon Pigg. Dean/Castiel & Sam/Jessica, plus the entire cast of SPN.
- Head For The Exits:Dean’s life in the Edge City PD is going swimmingly: There’s a masked vigilante prowling his rooftops and nursing a crush on him; a serial murderer who’s too damn smart for his own good; his partner is so new she still smells like polish, and he can’t quite work up the nerve to ask out the coffee guy across the road.
- Force of Attraction :Sam goes speed dating, Dean goes along for a laugh, which is where he meets Castiel.
- Sleeping With The Enemy: Cas is trapped living in a bad relationship with Sam. Then he meets the coffee shop guy. (warning evil!notbrothersam)
- Come Back To Me: Angels and humans live side-by-side, but not in harmony. Dean and Castiel were childhood friends, but their cultures tore them apart. Now, 18 years later, Cas returns to Lawrence, only to find that Dean doesn’t remember him…
- I Like You (Like Me): Dean’s the owner of his own pretty successful coffee shop, and he’s absolutely, totally not in love with the hot accountant guy who comes in every day. He’s way out of his league. Isn’t he?
- Sugar Me Sweet: Dean hates Starbucks. Luckily, the Saint’s Café is both delicious and reasonably priced. Even if the cashier is super weird and stares at him, like, all the freakin’ time.
- White Winter Hymnal: Writer!Dean walks into a café late at night on Christmas Eve, looking for inspiration for his next novel. Instead he finds librarian!Cas.
- Caffeine Is Addictive: for AU Prompt #41: “Barista!Dean (imagine him scowling at his costumers and yelling ‘GRANDE SKINNY CHAI LATTE NO FOAM WITH SOY!!’) and Corporate Lawyer! Cas
- Champagne: Dean likes the coffee at the cafe on Main. He also likes the owner.
- A French Holiday: When D. Smith aka Dean Winchester, successful author and heavy smoker, had booked his recreational holiday to Le Havre, France, he hadn’t expected to meet the love of his life in a small café at the ocean. But apart from overcoming the language difficulties there is the certainty of Dean leaving in three months, that’s breaking Castiel’s heart…(favourite. quite close to my favourite AU of all time also)
Aw thank you for the fic rec here! :D
“Stark.” And he did that thing again, brought his hands down on Tony’s shoulders and squeezed. “The suit’s nothing without the man inside it. It’s part of you.” Steve tapped the arc reactor with a fingertip and Tony’s heart jolted. It had nothing to do with the functioning of the thing. “It’ll never be part of anyone else. Now, go to sleep,” he said firmly, and made for the elevator.
Tony stared after him and, because he didn’t do emotions very well, he muttered, “Ah, fuck” as soon as Steve was gone.
This is fucking amazing oh my god.
TUMBLR! I am looking for a fanfic because I was recommending it to my roommate before realizing that not only had I forgotten what it was called, but had not bookmarked it. The scene that sticks out most clearly in my mind is this:
The Avengers are all at an interview. They’re asking all the Avengers really deep questions except for Natasha. This is making them all extremely uncomfortable until at last the reporter asks Natasha what she wears under her suit. Steve replies (completely straightfaced yet blushing horribly), “Nothing. I don’t wear anything under the suit,” and while everyone looks on shocked he says, “That question was directed at me, right?” And then everybody starts taking on everyone’s questions, and they cut the feed but it’s still good bonding time.
Does anyone know that fic this is?